Keep on to your sombrero mainly because there is a new enchilada recipe in town, effortless Tequila-Lime Hen Enchiladas.
With the most delectable marinade and sauce at any time, it functions shredded rooster marinated in tequila, lime juice, and a “secret” ingredient, brown sugar.
This sweet deliciousness is then wrapped up in a tortilla and shredded cheese. Upcoming, it is topped with an out-of-this-earth sauce, built with salsa verde, crema (a Mexican-style cream), and even more cheese.
Recipe:Make-forward Sour Cream Rooster Enchiladas will warm spouse and children food or festive bash
Cinco de Mayo:Costume up rice and beans in an Fast Pot for Cinco de Mayo | King
Tacos:Tango by the week with mango-topped fish tacos | Rigsby
Take my term for it this dish will make you want to rejoice Cinco de Mayo all calendar year very long. Don’t permit the extended checklist of substances scare you it all will come collectively speedily.
- If you can not discover crema, you can substitute sour product thinned with milk or half-and-half. You can also use large cream as an alternative.
- You can also substitute honey, pure maple syrup, or corn syrup for brown sugar.
- It is really just my spouse and me, so as an alternative of earning one particular massive casserole, I usually divide the enchiladas into quite a few dishes, bake a person, and freeze the rest. One and a fifty percent enchiladas are a fantastic serving for most appetites.
- If you divide the enchiladas into lesser foods and dishes, they will consider much less time to bake.
- Leftovers are even superior the subsequent day and can be stored in the fridge for 4 days. I ordinarily warmth them in the microwave.
- This dish freezes superbly and ought to be frozen unbaked. Protect tightly and shop in your freezer for up to 3 months. Then, prior to you cook dinner it, permit it to defrost overnight in your fridge and observe the instructions for baking.
- As you would be expecting, this is a good make-ahead dish. You can make it up to 24 hours forward and store it in the fridge unbaked. Then, prior to baking, take it out about 30 minutes beforehand to enable it to arrive to place temperature and bake as directed.
- Certainly, I know authentic enchiladas call for corn tortillas. This recipe is kind of southern satisfies Tex-Mex and calls for flour tortillas. If you like corn, by all means, use them as a substitute.
- You can substitute 4 compact or two big cooked and shredded rooster breasts for the rotisserie rooster.
Tequila-Lime Rooster Enchiladas Recipe
1 rotisserie hen, pores and skin eliminated and deboned, slash into little items
1/2 cup tequila
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
1-1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
8-10 flour tortillas, 10-inch
4 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese or a Mexican mix
1 cup inexperienced enchilada sauce
1 cup jarred salsa verde
1 cup Crema, Mexican cream
Very first, blend the tequila, brown sugar, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir until finally the brown sugar is dissolved.
Put the shredded rooster in a plastic storage bag or bowl and pour in the marinade, guaranteeing all chicken items are saturated. Let the hen marinate in the fridge for a minimum amount of 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
When completely ready to assemble and prepare dinner the casserole, preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
Blend the eco-friendly enchilada sauce with the salsa verde and Crema.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture into the base of the dish and distribute out.
Drain the chicken mixture and reserve any remaining marinade. Combine the rooster with 3 cups of shredded cheese.
Put a heaping just one-fifty percent cup of the chicken combination down the heart of every single tortilla and roll up tightly. Put the rolled tortillas in your baking dish seam side down. Repeat for the rest of the tortillas. You should really be in a position to suit 8 enchiladas in the dish.
If you have any leftover marinade, blend up to a person-fifty percent of a cup with the enchilada sauce you built earlier. Pour this mixture in excess of the enchiladas and leading with one cup of shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 levels for 35-40 minutes, or till the mixture is effervescent and the cheese has melted.
Let sit for about 5 minutes and provide. Delight in!
Sharon Rigsby is the blogger driving Grits and Pinecones, a cooking, and hospitality blog. Check out out all of her recipes by traveling to gritsandpinecones.com.
Never miss out on a tale: Subscribe to the Tallahassee Democrat utilizing the link at the top rated of the webpage.