September 28, 2021, 3:39 PM HST
Hawai´i Meals & Wine is returning to the Massive Island.
Two functions are scheduled for Oct. 1 and Oct. 2, 2021, at resorts on the Kohala Coast. Limited tickets are offered, even though time is a component for those who want to attend. The aspects of every occasion are as follows:
PELE & POLI‘AHU
- Function Title: Pele & Poli‘ahu
- Date: Oct. 1, 2021
- Time: Check-in 5:30 pm, evening meal commences promptly at 6 pm.
- Area: Mauna Kea Beach front Hotel
- Celebration description: An historic tale of immortal sibling rivalry is introduced to lifestyle in this culinary dance of hearth and ice. Legend has it that Pele, the goddess of volcanic hearth and her sister Poli´ahu, the goddess of snow, challenged every other to a holua or picket sled race. The intense competitiveness is reported to have divided the Island of Hawai´i into Poli´ahu’s tranquil north and Pele’s fiery south. In a tribute to the island’s juxtaposing landscapes and lore, this grand tasting celebration provides you a distinction of flavors and tastes. Chef de Cuisine Ryan Brannigan of Manta at the Mauna Kea Seaside Lodge shares his abilities in local fare and collaborates with celebrated cooks from across the US to bring you a mouthwatering harmony of hearth-roasted bites, incredibly hot off the grill served along with refreshingly awesome dishes and sips.
- Advised copy: Kick-off #HFWF21 at the stunning Mauna Kea Beach front Hotel for Pele & Poli‘ahu, an night of fire & ice and a culinary tribute to historic Hawaiian folklore. A star-studded lineup of cooks from throughout the region converge on the Island of Hawai‘i. Visit www.HFWF.me for more facts and tickets.
- Event Page/Tickets Website link: https://hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com/activities/pele-poliahu/
- HFWF Website: www.HFWF.me
CUISINES OF THE Sun
- Function Title: Cuisines of the Sun
- Date: Oct. 2, 2021
- Time: Seating begins at 5 pm.
- Area: CanoeHouse at Mauna Lani, Auberge Resorts Collection
- Event Description: Take a culinary journey all-around the globe and bask in the solar with this legendary celebration. An homage to the original Cuisines of the Solar event collection from 1991-2001 and curated by HFWF co-founder and groundbreaking chef Alan Wong, this five-class dinner is an unparalleled screen of gastronomic variety and excellence. Wong is joined by CanoeHouse’s executive chef Matt Raso and renowned California cooks Raphael Lunetta and Celestino Drago. With a strong commitment to using sustainably sourced area elements these culinary masters develop an eclectic menu showcasing dishes motivated by warm climates and locations that stretch throughout the Equator. From Ecuador to Indonesia, this iconic party is an expedition getting your palate to much-flung areas.
- Instructed duplicate: We’re psyched to bring the legendary Cuisines of the Solar party for HFWF21. Returning to its initial site at CanoeHouse at Mauna Lani, the night brings collectively a proficient crew of chefs to celebrate dishes impressed by warm, sunny climates. Visit www.HFWF.me for further more data and tickets.
- Function Page/Tickets Hyperlink: https://hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com/functions/pele-poliahu/
- HFWF Site: www.HFWF.me